Do you like those rotisserie chicken from the market? I do, but on average they are only 2-3 pounds and cost anywhere from $5-$8 or even more. My local grocer ran a unadvertised special the other day and I got this 5.86 pound beauty for 97 cents a pound.
I love my cast iron skillet too! There is nothing better for even cooking heat! I like to roast my chicken in there so the sides are always radiating an even heat to whole chicken.
CAST IRON SKILLET ROAST CHICKEN
1 5-6 pound roasting chicken
4 tablespoons butter, softened
salt & pepper
1/2 onion, wedged small
1 cup apricot pineapple preserves
1/4 cup PURE maple syrup
- Wash chicken and dry.
- Spread butter along the inside of the cast iron pan and all over the chicken.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place onions along side the chicken.
- In a small bowl whisk together the preserves and syrup. Set aside and allow to come to room temperature.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- With a pastry brush spread preserve mixture all over the chicken every 10-15 minutes until skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through. This should be from 30-45 minutes based on the actual weight of your chicken.
Thanks. I know you will all enjoy this a lot!
Looks super tasty!!=)
Sounds so good with all the flavors going on there! I love doing pork roast in my cast iron skillet (dutch oven) that’s the way my mom always made it. I haven’t done a chicken in it in a while….need to do that! Thanks for the reminder.
Love the flavours of chicken cooked in cast iron…..nice fruitty glaze….yummy!
Those ads are quite tempting, great prices too! Excellent recipe Tamy 🙂
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did Chaya. There wasn’t anything left of it!
I love your chicken, especially the flavors you added and I am a sucker for cast iron. It is the perfect cooking utensil. You should not have tempted me with the Amazon ads. I may just get myself another pan.
I have to try this chicken.
Comments are closed.