WHITE ZINFANDEL COQ AU VIN
1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 pound bacon. choppped
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons butter
1 & 1/2 cups carrot slices
2 stalks celery, sliced thin
1 really large bunch green onions, sliced thin (I used Mexican green onions)
1 & 1/2 cups white zinfandel
2 tablespoons Better Than Chicken Base
2 cups boiling hot water
fresh parsley sprigs
fresh tarragon sprigs
- Place flour in a large plastic bag, add chicken, seal and shake to coat chicken with flour.
- In a large saute’ pan brown bacon until crumbly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In the bacon drippings stir fry the chicken pieces until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add butter. Scrape bottom to loosen and browned bits. These will add great flavor. When butter is melted add carrots and cook 2-3 minutes. Add celery and onions and saute until tender.
- Whisk together wine, boiling water, chicken base and seasonings. Pour over vegetables.
- Add back in the chicken and bacon pieces.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 15-20 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Serve over Parmesan Potatoes.
that looks awesome. so making that.
Comments are closed.