Old Potato Recipe – New Potato Recipe
Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes – adapted
2 tablespoons olive
2 pounds small red potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion; toss to combine. Add the thyme, rosemary and nutmeg; toss well. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are hot.
2. Transfer to a baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and almost tender. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
These came out beautifully golden brown.
Fully Loaded Potato Muffins
2 baking potatoes
2 oz sharp cheddar cheese
2 oz sour cream
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (without fish)
1/4 cup Baco Bits
- Clean and bake potatoes at 350 degrees for 1 hours.
- Cut potatoes in half and remove the potato from the skins.
- Put potato aside.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop onion and saute with 1 tablespoon butter until golden brown.
- Grate the cheese and add 3/4 cup of it to the cold potato along with the sour cream.
- Add onions and Baco Bits to the potato, with the salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon the potato filling into the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over potatoes.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.