You can’t walk into any Louisiana market without seeing a display of sweet potatoes – they are everywhere, and I am ecstatic! I love sweet potatoes, and the first recipe I thought of when I saw them in their glory was my sweet potato pie. Since Thanksgiving is literally just around the corner, I thought I’d share my recipe with you, just in case you were looking for something familiar, yet slightly different, to serve at your own feast.
Sweet Potato Pie
3 lbs sweet potatoes, baked and pureed
2 large eggs
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 9″ unbaked pie crust (I made my own, but frozen will work just fine)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes; lower temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in middle of pie comes out clean.
- If pie crust begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover with a piece of foil.
- Allow to cool to room temp before serving; store leftovers in refrigerator.
Spices Inc Giveaway Contest
at Louanne’s Kitchen
Funny you should post this today – my aunt just last night asked for it for Thanksgiving and I had never made it. Thank you for the recipe.
Thank you so much for posting this! I love sweet potato pie and so does my middle son!! It never lasts long in this house.
Comments are closed.