Surprisingly, this pesto chicken is one of my kids’ favorite meals! I think it has to do with the melted cheese and chicken. The pesto makes the dish, and the kids do not complain. And with three ingredients, it is affordable and quick to get to the table. I have also used sun dried tomato pesto and mozzarella cheese and it was super good.
4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
4 teaspoons pesto
4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts in a oven proof casserole dish.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the pesto evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the pesto.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted.if you want the cheese browned a bit, uncover the chicken for the last 5 minutes or so until is is a light golden brown.
Come on over to THE FLOWERING DOGWOOD for more great recipes! Have a great week!
This definitely sounds like a great quick and easy weeknight meal!
I love this quick, easy meal that’s perfect for midweek when we are all so busy. I always have a jar of pesto on hand too!
This is easy and looks very inviting. Blessings, Catherine
Wow that is super easy, I will need to try this as I have some leftover pesto.
Awesomely simple and tasty too!
Simple and delicious…my favorite kind of meal!!
Comments are closed.