Join me at My Sweet and Savory and at Bizzy B. Bakes. I would love to have you Cook with Chaya.
I am one of those gals who is cuddling by the non-existent fire place because outside, there are great mounds of snow, some weeks old and ice on the sidewalks. One can slide from place to place. Getting out of my car, the other night, I was greeted with a mountain blocking my way. I wonder how many people threw their snow in that spot.
The truth is, there is no place left to throw snow for many of us. We have piled up around the driveway, along the sidewalk, against the house. You name it….there is snow.
These are days to stay home and make a warming pot of soup and what better than a creamy cheddar potato soup?
Cheddar Potato Soup adapted from Taste of Home Annual 2003
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, red pepper and celery in butter until tender.
- Add potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Puree in small batches in a blender until smooth; return to the pan. Stir in the cheese, milk, pepper and paprika. Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted. I should have used my immersion blender but I forgot. It would have been much easier than shlepping out the blender and then wash out the jar.
I love cheesy soups! My favorite is beer cheese soup.
As far as soups go, there is nothing better than a cheesy potato soup!
It’s getting a little too warm here in Florida for soups now but I know lots of others in these huge snow storms will really enjoy this one 🙂
Sounds wonderful. I have everything but the onions…. how do I run out of onions???
Looks so inviting…especially on these cold, damp winter days…Blessings, Catherine
This soup is sure going to make you forget about the snow; great recipe and it looks so yummy!
Comments are closed.