Chicken Pasta in Garlic Cream Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
1 pack vermicelli noodles or pasta of your choice
5 cloves garlic, minced
4 chicken breasts or 2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
1 cup milk or heavy cream
2-3 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons classico sun dried tomato pesto
1/2 large white Vidalia onion, diced
4 tablespoons butter
2-3 tablespoons flour
fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta in large pot.
- While pasta boiling preheat large deep skillet to medium low.
- Cube chicken to bite size pieces if using raw chicken.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add chicken, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until chicken is JUST done. Remove to a warm plate.
- Add remaining butter.
- When melted, add flour to center of pan, whisk until mixture turns golden in color, creating a roux.
- Add in the first cup of chicken stock raising heat to medium high, stirring until sauce thickens. Sauce will be very thick.
- Whisk in second cup of stock until desired consistency.
- Taste sauce at this point and add in more salt and pepper to taste. Heavy pepper is good in this dish.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Add in sun dried tomato pesto, reduce heat to low and allow sauce to continue cooking and thickening.
- At the very end add in your milk or cream starting with just half to begin with.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce, coating pasta with chicken and cream sauce.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
- If sauce gets to thick it is better to add more stock then milk, as milk or cream will make the dish to rich and take away from the flavor. If your sauce is not thick enough turn up the heat and quickly whisk in more flour.