7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
2 cups powered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (14 ounce) bag flaked coconut
24 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Mix the first four ingredients together. The mixture will be very firm.
- Form into desired shape (I formed mine into an oval shape). Place on cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave on 10 second intervals in a microwave safe bowl.
- Dip coconut bars into melted chocolate. After covering each bar with chocolate I placed them on the end of a fork and tapped them on the side of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate.
- Place each bar on wax paper and allow chocolate to harden.
Please come visit me at Paper Plates and China
Coconut heaven! I hope you don’t mind but I’m so inspired I’ve included this post in my Friday Food Fetish roundup. Thanks for sharing and MOAR please 🙂
This looks so good and nice idea ….I want to make this very soon
Yum! I am making these soon!!
Hub’s favorite candy – can’t wait to try this – maybe for his stocking! 🙂
Comments are closed.