Ahhh, the holiday parties have passed but don’t look now…NFL playoffs are starting and tailgate parties are popping up.
I know, chicken wraps can seem a little boring, but not these. These wraps are packed with the bold flavors of Carribean jerk seasoning and are great portable “party food”.
Jerk Chicken Wraps
Serves: 10 wraps
- 4 ea chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 1/2 cups jerk marinade (1/4 cup reserved for mayo)
- 10 ea flour tortilla, burrito size
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 oz cheese, sliced thin (monterey jack, colby jack, or pepper jack)
For the spicy mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup jerk marinade
- Marinade the chicken according to the marinade directions. You can use a commercial brand, Walkerswood is a popular brand but I’ve never tried it. I prefer to make my own with a blend of dry seasonings, onions, chilies, and liquids (recipe here).
- Mix the mayo ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium heat (350f).
- Grill 8-10 minutes a side or until the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 160f.
- Let chicken rest for 15 minutes before slicing as thin as you can across the grain.
- On each tortilla, smear 1 tablespoon of the spicy mayo to one side. Top with two slices of cheese, a handful of lettuce, and several slices of chicken.
- Fold the top of the tortilla down, the bottom up and roll up burrito style.
- Slice in half and serve.
- You can cook the chicken a day in advance. These wraps are delicious served hot or cold.
- I use a lower grill temp for chicken because I don’t want the savory marinade ingredients to burn. But if you like to grill at high temps and 4-6 minutes a side, knock yourself out.
- Also makes a tray of 20 appetizer servings.
- I like to wrap ours in deli paper before slicing, it holds them together better if making a tray of them.
|Jerk usually uses bone in chicken but tastes great on boneless chicken too!|
|Place to the side like this, fold top down, bottom up and roll left to right.|
I love wraps, but even more I love jerk seasoning and chicken is my favorite every day meat so these are on my menu plan.
Wraps have got to be one of my absolute favorite meals, so I’m obviously drooling now. Gee thanks, hehe. 😛
Now that’s my kind of wrap!
Comments are closed.