flour for dredging
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or thyme, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 tablespoons butter
1 can Green Giant white shoepeg corn
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 apple, chopped
3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup tarragon leaves
1 kiwi, pureed
salt and pepper
- In a small mixing bowl combine the lemon zest, parsley, thyme and garlic together to form a gremolata.
- Add the bread crumbs and cheese. Work with your fingers to blend well.
- Use 3 shallow dishes for the eggs, bread crumbs mixture and flour.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, coating well and then the egg wash followed by the bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Fry the chicken pieces for 3 minutes per side.
- Puree the kiwi.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, corn, apple, onion, lemon juice, kiwi puree and tarragon leaves.
- Serve chicken over mashed potatoes with chutney on top.