Taste and Create was started as a food event by Nicole from For the Love of Food. The whole purpose of Taste and Create was, and has been, and continues to be to create a community of bloggers who test each others’ recipes and share links. The participants of the event are paired together and try a new recipe from one another’s blog.
This month I was paired with Joey at Little Accidents in the Kitchen. I love being paired with someone I’ve never been paired with before I inevitably learn sooooooo much, and find great new recipes. I combined 2 of her recipes for an awesome outcome.
Peanut Cocoa Spread + Twisted Cinnamon Wreath = HEAVEN
Joey was craving Nutella, but didn’t have the ingredients to make any so used what she did have on hand and made Peanut Cocoa Spread. I don’t think I’ll ever buy Nutella again since it’s so easy to make.
80g dark chocolate, chopped
100g peanut butter
30g icing sugar (adjust according to taste)
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stirring frequently.
One rectangle of ready rolled puff pastry, about 1/8 inch thick
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
- Whisk together cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle over the pastry and roll up the long side.
- Cut the roll lengthwise into 2 halves.
- Pinch the top together. Twist the 2 halves together, keeping the cut side exposed.
- Pinch the 2 ends together into a circle.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on you puff pastry, until golden brown.