PB&J CHICKEN STEW
8 skinless chicken breasts, thighs or drumsticks
1 large onion, chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/4 cup grape jelly or berry jam/jelly
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 knorr chicken gel boullion
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup creamy JIF
1/8 cup black and blue berry jam (courtesy of my SIL – YUMMY BTW)
2 tablespoons Classico sun-dried tomato pesto
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 large carrot, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken pieces in the slow cooker.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and parsley.
- In a medium bowl whisk together stock, peanut butter, jelly, tomato pesto. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours or high for **2-4 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
**I was in a hurry and my chicken was not quite thawed which made it easier to cut into chunks. I cooked it on high for 3 hours and it was PERFECT!