BASIC OMELETTE serves 1
2 tablespoons water
Fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon butter
1/3-1/2 cup filling of your choice (bacon, diced ham, crumbled cooked sausage, onions, shallots, mushrooms, diced peppers, shredded cheddar or swiss cheese, etc…)
- Prepare all your filling ingredients before you begin cooking as the eggs will cook fairly fast.
- Whisk together eggs, water, salt and pepper in small bowl until WELL blended.
- Heat a 6 to 8-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add butter and TILT pan to coat entire bottom.
- Pour in egg mixture. Your mixture should set almost immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with a spatula so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting the pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed until the surface thickens and there is no visible liquid remaining.
- Layer your filling on one side of the omelet.
- Fold omelet in half with turner.
- With a quick flip of the wrist, turn pan and INVERT or SLIDE omelet onto plate.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a reply