BBQ CHICKEN SLIDERS
12 King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls OR 6 King’s HAWAIIAN buns
3 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s original barbecue sauce
½ red onion, thinly sliced
6 slices Baby Swiss or Gruyere cheese
3 ears baby white corn cut from cob or 2 cans white shoepeg corn
2 green onions, minced
FRESH ground salt and pepper
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Bragg’s amino acids
2 +1 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Over medium high heat melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add corn and green onions, generously seasoning with FRESH ground salt and pepper. Cook until staring to turn golden brown.
- Add apple cider vinegar and Bragg’s amino acids to the skillet, stirring to combining and cooking JUST until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise.
- Place the bottom half in a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) rimmed baking dish.
- Combine chicken and BBQ sauce until well mixed.
- Spread the chicken evenly over the rolls, followed by the red onion, corn and then the sliced cheese.
- Top with the remaining rolls.
- Brush the tops with melted butter mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the bread is golden brown.
- Slice into individual sliders.
Leave a reply