This is another scrap of paper I found recently. I’m not even sure how old the recipe is LOL 😀 BUT, it was so flavorful and yummy!
UPSIDE DOWN APPLE HONEY CAKE
1 cup flour
½ cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
¾ cup milk
½ cup QUALITY honey
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla
½ cup butter, divided, softened
1 cup PACKED brown sugar
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced in thick rings
¹⁄³ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
2 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the milk, honey and vanilla.
- Place ¼ cup butter in 9×9 baking dish. Place pan in oven until butter melts.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the brown sugar over the butter.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over the sugar.
- Lay apple slices over the walnuts just slightly overlapping the edges.
- In a large bowl beat remaining butter until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add remaining brown sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Alternately add milk and flour mixture until combined.
- Spread batter evenly over apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes on wire rack.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges around the pan.
- Invert onto plate. Let stand 15 minutes before serving, but serve warm for BEST flavor.
Leave a reply