PASTA with MISO CREAM SAUCE
8 ounces uncooked pasta (see note), prepared per package directions
1 1/2 cups WHOLE milk
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
4 tablespoons white miso
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
FRESH ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 pound Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled small
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups heirloom grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
2 teaspoon chopped thyme
4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves, optional
18-20 mini mozzarella balls, halved or quartered
Torn basil leaves for garnish
- Place 1/2 cup of milk in deep bowl.
- Whisk in flour and miso until smooth.
- Add remaining milk and stock to saucepan. Bring to a SLOW boil over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour mixture and reduce heat. Simmer 4-5 minutes until slightly thick.
- Add pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over high heat.
- Add tomatoes, stirring and cooking 2 minutes until beginning to char and pop.
- Add thyme and garlic, cooking 1 minute more.
- Add spinach, cooking 2 minutes more until wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pasta sauce and half the cheese to the skillet, tossing to combine.
- Serve in pasta bowls.
- Top with remaining cheese pieces and torn basil.
NOTE: Any pasta works with this recipe!