LEMON ARTICHOKE CHICKEN & RICE
4 LARGE boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 LARGE lemon, sliced thin
1 Vidalia onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
3 cups chicken broth
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped Oregano
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
14 ounces artichokes, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Season chicken breasts with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add lemon slices, cooking 2-3 minutes, turning frequently until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken and quickly sear each side 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add onion to skillet and saute 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Stir in rice, garlic and Oregano, blending well.
- Add broth, lemon juice and generously season with FRESH ground salt and pepper, sauteing for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and fold in artichokes.
- Nestle chicken breasts in rice mixture.
- Bake, covered, 35-40 minutes until rice is tender.
- Remove from oven and let stand covered for 10 minutes before serving.
NOTES: Chicken and rice can be made separately without baking time if you are in a hurry!
[…] LEMON ARTICHOKE CHICKEN & RICE […]