CREAMY CHICKEN & VEGGIES with GNOCCHI DUMPLINGS
adapted from Eliza Winograd at Marley Spoon
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped parsley
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme leaves
1 small can Le Seur peas, drained WELL
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
3/4 pound chicken breast strips
3 LARGE carrots, halved and sliced
1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 cups gnocchi
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and cook about 3 minutes, stirring gently, until tender and most of gnocchi float to the top. Drain well.
- Pat chicken dry and generously season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear chicken tenders 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add carrots, onions and garlic, stirring occasionally and cooking until softened and lightly browned, 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and return chicken to skillet. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese.
- Fold in peas and gnocchi.
- Simmer a few minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.