I’d been making something similar to Ree Drummond’s version of these for several years now that we called stacked tacos. When I saw her recipe in a magazine it reminded me how much we enjoyed these. For some reason they are a cold weather meal for us that we made regularly when we were back east 😀
RANCH CHICKEN QUESADILLA FOLD OVERS aka STACKED TACOS
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1-2 cups rotisserie chicken pieces
2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
1 batch Jalapeno ranch dressing
4 (8-10) inch flour tortillas
2 tablespoons butter
Salsa, for dipping
Sour cream, for dipping
- On each tortilla make a slit from the center to the edge.
- Spread a dollop of the dressing over the entire tortilla.
- Toss chicken pieces and green onions with the remaining dressing.
- Arrange a layer of chicken pieces over one quarter of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over chicken.
- Add a layer of cheese to the quarter of tortilla that overlaps the chicken.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of salsa on the next layer.
- Fold last quarter of tortilla over the cheese and bacon layer. You should now have a stacked triangle looking quesadilla.
- Press down gently to secure the pieces.
- Heat butter in large skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Grill each quesadilla, carefully flipping to toast and crisp until both sides are golden, the cheese is melted and the chicken is heated through.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
JALAPENO RANCH DRESSING
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups mayonnaise
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon crushed parsley flakes
2 tablespoons Penzey’s California crushed jalapenos
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Whisk all together and chill overnight before serving if you have time. The flavors meld together better with time.