I made this tonight with thighs and sans fried shallots, but definitely prefer it with breasts and the fried shallots. I’ll get a better picture the next time I make it with the breasts.
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN PARMESAN CASSEROLE adapted from The Cookin’ Chicks
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced (in a pinch thighs work pretty well too)
3/4 cup QUALITY mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 shallots, sliced thin
WONDRA flour for dredging
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Place diced chicken into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on top of the chicken pieces.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top of mayonnaise mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- While chicken is baking melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Dredge shallots lightly with WONDRA flour.
- Add shallots to hot skillet, stirring regularly until crispy.
- Remove chicken pieces from oven.
- Serve over prepared pasta topped with homemade marinara and fried shallots.