This recipe was originally made with chicken thighs, but breasts always make for a fancier dish, especially when you call it Company Chicken! You’ll notice that I don’t list sea salt in the list of ingredients. That’s because the liquid aminos will add more than enough salt.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
FRESH ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup WONDRA flour
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 LARGE Vidalia onion, sliced thin
1/8 cup Bragg’s liquid aminos
1/3 cup Smuckers apricot jam, PUREED to remove chunks
1 LARGE clove garlic, FINELY minced
1-2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup FRESH orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Season chicken breasts generously with FRESH ground black pepper.
- Dredge the seasoned breasts in the flour and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet heat avocado oil over medium heat.
- Sear the chicken 2-3 minutes per side and then set aside.
- Add onions to pan until they are caramelized.
- Nestle the chicken into the top of the onions.
- Whisk together the liquid aminos, apricot jam, orange juice, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and onions.
- Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes. The sauce will thicken and get sticky. But, if it gets too brown too fast cover with a piece of foil.