I’ve been trying to brighten up and cool off this heated summer with some more refreshing and flavorful salads. This has become a recent favorite 😀
SNOW PEA SALAD
1 1/2 pounds snow peas
1/4 cup apple cider or champagne vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1/3 cup avocado oil
1 SMALL bunch green onions, sliced thin
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped basil
2-3 tablespoons salted and roasted sunflower seeds
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add snow peas for 1-2 minutes until they are bright green and tender.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer peas to a bowl of ice water, stirring to cool and then drain WELL.
- Cut peas into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper until well blended. Then whisk in avocado oil.
- Fold in onions and basil.
- Fold in snow peas, tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
- Gently toss until well coated.