ORANGE PICNIC CHICKEN
3 – 3 1/2 pounds PICNIC chicken (legs and thighs)
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon FRESH chopped thyme or tarragon leaves
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
4-6 LARGE shallots, halved and sliced lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl whisk together the marmalade, oil, vinegar, tarragon or thyme,
- FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Add chicken pieces, tossing to coat.
- LIGHTLY spray a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle shallot pieces in the bottom in a single layer.
- Nestle chicken pieces in amongst the shallots.
- Drizzle any remaining marmalade mixture in amongst the shallots.
- Roast 25-35 minutes until shallots are tender and chicken is cooked through and golden.