BUFFALO CHICKEN LASAGNA
Barilla ready to bake lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon avocado oil
3/4 pound ground chicken
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small carrot, grated
1 small stalk celery, diced
1 can ROTEL original tomatoes, drained VERY WELL
2 tablespoons chicken broth
3/4 cup Frank’s original Hot Sauce
8 ounces ricotta cheese
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
3/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
3/4 cup grated jack cheese
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 small egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9×9 deep baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet heat avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, carrot and celery, stirring until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic and cook a minute more until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, hot sauce, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low simmer, cover and cook 45 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the ricotta cheese and egg until smooth and well blended.
- Add parsley and bleu cheese mixing until well blended.
- Toss together the jack, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Add 1/3 of chicken mixture to baking dish.
- Top with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Add a thin layer of chicken mixture.
- Top with a layer of the ricotta mixture.
- Top with a layer of the cheeses.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover, bake another 20-25 minutes until bubbly and cheese is golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.