GREEN ONION TOMATO CHICKEN – serves 4
4 whole chicken quarters, bone in and skin on are best
1 cup chopped green onions (1 LARGE bunch green onions)
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup avocado oil
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup small torn FRESH Flat Leaf Parsley
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- In a LARGE ziplock bag place chicken pieces, green onions, garlic, vinegar and oil.
- Turn to coat chicken pieces well.
- Seal Bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to low-medium.
- Using a drip pan place chicken bone side down.
- Grill covered 50-60 minutes until cooked through to 175°, turn once at about 35-40 minutes if necessary.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer in a foil pan.
- Drizzle tomatoes with lemon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil pieces.
- Cover with foil and add to grill during last 15 minutes of chicken cooking time.
- Serve over pasta or stuffing.
- Top with chicken pieces, tomato and onions.