This weeks topic: 5 favorite things to do in your favorite season of the year…
This is a tough one for me because I can come up with 5 for EVERY season. I don’t really have a ‘favorite’ season. So I’m going to try the whole year and see where this goes.
- making Snow Angels
- having a Snowball Fight that makes you laugh till you fall over
- country road drives to see all the Christmas Decorations and frozen lakes with ice fishermen
- watching the snow fall outside my window while I drink hot chocolate with lots of little marshmallows
- bundling up with scarves and gloves to take a brisk walk through the woods
- Watching the spring bulbs that I planted in the fall peek out through the last remnants of snow and start to grown and flourish in the warmer weather
- Playing catch with the dogs in the new spring grass
- Spring Cleaning
- rummage and garage sales are the best in the spring. All those people who were tired of being cooped up did all their cleaning out and I find the best ‘neat’ stuff in the spring
- Family Reunion Picnic Weekend – my husbands family has one Mother’s Day Weekend every year and we ALL (at least 85-90 show up every year) look forward to it
- Filling the ‘pool’ with water for the dogs to splash in.
- Picnics along the river or lake with cold fried chicken and watermelon.
- Weekend trips to anywhere.
- Reading in the hammock while the smells of BBQ are wafting my way.
- Dinner on the porch during a lightning storm.
- Autumn leaves and the air turning crisp.
- Country road drives to see all the leaves changing color and blanketing the forest floor here in the north woods.
- Making Soups and stews as the weather turns cooler.
- Making fires to warm the house.
- Quilting while the first snow falls.