12 cups water
6 teaspoons beef granules
1 large onion, chopped or 3-4 bunches green onions sliced
1 can Contadina tomato puree or 6-7 Roma tomatoes, chopped
6 ribs celery, chopped
6 carrots, fresh or wilted, chopped
4 cloves garlic or 4 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
- Whisk beef granules, salt and pepper into the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables and simmer on a very low rolling boil for about 2 hours or so.
- Vegetables should be all but mush. If not mash them by hand or puree them.
- Pour into however many containers you want based on how many people you are feeding and freeze. Be sure to leave a bit a head space before freezing to allow for expansion.
- Thaw before preparing and then just add meat, pasta, rice etc… you might have to add more liquid based type of soup your making.