Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks
1 medium cantaloupe, seeded, peeled and chopped
1 mango, pitted, peeled and chopped
1/2 pint raspberries
1 cup grapes, halved
1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Toss all together.
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
1 small head of cabbage, shredded
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 package top ramen, cooked but toss away the seasoning packet that comes with it
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup salad oil
4 tablespoons sugar
4 chicken breasts, cooked
- Toss together the cabbage, green onions and top ramen noodles.
- Top with sesame seeds.
- Chop chicken into thin slices and layer on top of seeds.
- Whisk together the oils, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Pour over cabbage ingredients and toss.
ORANGE PINEAPPLE SALAD
1 large box Orange Jell-O
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 small can crushed pineapple
- Add 2 cups hot water to Jell-O to dissolve.
- Add softened ice cream and whip with a spoon until smooth.
- Add oranges to Jell-O mixture.
- Chill until set.