Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks
6 pounds watermelon, including rind
3 1/4 ounce envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Cut the watermelon into large pieces, discarding the rind.
- Puree through the food processor. This should leave you with 3 cups of watermelon juice.
- Combine gelatin with 1 cup of the watermelon juice and let stand 2-3 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan combine the other 2 cups of juice with the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Whisk in the the lemon juice and the gelatin mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into 1/2 pint jelly jars.
- Seal tightly.
- Store upside down on a towel in the refrigerator overnight.
4 cups seeded watermelon chunks
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In blender combine watermelon, sugar and juice.
- Transfer to a 2 quart freezer safe container.
- Freeze 4-6 hours until resembles a set gelatin.
- In several batches return to blender.
- Return to freezer in same container or smaller containers, always covered.