CARAMEL APPLE RAISIN DIMSUM DUMPLIINGS
2 large apples, peeled, cored & chopped
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons golden rum
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
Melissa’s Dimsum dumpling wrappers
Frying oil (with a neutral flavor)
- Soak raisins in the rum for an hour before preparing the apples.
- Toss apples and raisins with the lemon juice.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Toss the apple mixture with the dry mixture until well coated.
- Add vanilla and cream until well blended.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet (preferred). Add apple mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Fill each dumpling wrapper with a heaping teaspoon of the apple mixture.
- Wet and seal the edges.
- Bring oil to a frying heat.
- Add several of the dumplings, but do not crowd the pan. Cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Serve with french vanilla ice cream.