1 can pepsi
3+/- pound pot roast, with good marbling
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 pound mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1 package KNORR brown gravy mix
1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon Beef base
Kosher salt and white pepper
- Bring roast to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown the roast, generously ~ salt and peppering it.
- Whisk together the milk, pepsi, bouillon base and gravy mix.
- Surround roast with onions and mushrooms.
- Pour Milk/Coke mixture over roast.
- Bake for at least 3 hours undisturbed. Depending on the thickness of the roast it will probably take 4-5 hours for a thick 3 pound roast until the meat begins to fall apart. You should be able to cut your roast with a fork.
- The combination of ingredients makes its own gravy that is soooooooooooooooooo good.
And look at these awesome hot beef sandwhiches we had for leftovers!