1 cup of warm water (105F)
3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of honey
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of yeast
- Put warm water into a bowl. Add salt, sugar and honey and mix well. Add the yeast, mix and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour and olive oil until well blended.
- When the mixture gets too heavy to mix, start kneading the dough with your hands.
- Knead the dough until you have a smooth ball. If the dough cracks it is too dry. Add water bit by bit until if forms a nice smooth ball. If you need to add water or flour, do it by small amounts.
- Coat the dough with olive oil, place it in a large bowl and cover it with kitchen wrap and a flour sack towel. Let the dough rise for about an hour at room temperature, then push it down again so it deflates. Let it sit for about another hour. Either bake it or refrigerate for later use.
- Put the dough on a lightly floured surface, put a bit of flour on top and make it into the shape of a pie by stretching it out from the center outwards. Use a rolling pin until the dough is about 1/4″ thick. Punch some holes in the dough with a fork to let the air escape while the pizza is in the oven
PINK ALFREDO SAUCE
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1 tablespoon Classico sun-dried tomato paste
1 egg yolk, beaten
1/4 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Gradually add heavy cream, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Whisk in egg quickly and heat through.
Enough pepperoni to cover pizza
Enough crumbled cooked sausage to cover dough
Thinly sliced mushrooms
Thinly sliced green onions
1 tomato, diced small
2/3 cup grated mozzarella
- Coat dough with a layer of sauce
- Evenly sprinkle the crumbled sausage over the sauce
- Follow with the mushrooms, green onions and tomatoes
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese over it all
- Top with the pepperoni
- Bake the pizza at 400-450° F for about 20-25 minutes until the crust is golden.