The whole purpose of Taste and Create was, and has been, and continues to be to create a community of bloggers who test each others’ recipes and share links. The participants of the event are paired together and try a new recipe from one another’s blog.
1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 organic eggs (I used Eggland’s best)
6 ounces chopped or shaved chocolate
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large pot, mix the sugar, cornstarch, salt and eggs together thoroughly.
- Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Whisk in the instant coffee.
- Add the chocolate. I used about 2 oz. bittersweet, 2 oz. milk chocolate, and 2 oz. dark chocolate. If you use unsweetened chocolate, double the sugar. But I use regular eating chocolate. And I believe a blend makes the flavor deeper and more multi-faceted.
- Cook on a low or medium heat until the mixture boils, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Take off the heat, allow to cool. Once cool, put into glasses or a container to store in the refrigerator.