2 teaspoons peanut oil
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 teaspoon paprika
2 small kiwis, cleaned and sliced thin
2-4 white fish, cleaned and scaled, 2 pounds each
salt & pepper to taste
3 tablespoons white wine
3 tablespoons CHAMPAGNE DRESSING (or substitute fish or chicken stock)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 lemon, sliced
- This will work with other whole lean fish and cuts or ‘roasts’ of halibut or pink salmon.
- Adjust the cooking time according to the thickness and density of the fish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking dish well with PURE.
- Rinse the fish well inside and out, pat dry, season lightly with salt, pepper and paprika and lay side by side in a shallow baking dish.
- Layer lemon slices loosely over fish and season again.
- Pour the stock, dressing and ending with the butter over each filet.
- Make a loose tent of foil over the tail of the fish and place in the oven.
- Bake, rotating the pan once halfway through the cooking time, until a skewer easily enters the thickest part of the fish, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.