12 oz. lasagna pasta noodles cooked al dente
16 oz. container of Ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary mix
Salt and pepper
3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese – (I use a mix of both Fresh buffalo mozzarella and aged mozzarella)
1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 1/2 cups marinara or meat ragu sauce – (jarred or homemade is fine)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles to minimum time listed on package until al dente, drain well.
- Prepare filling- In bowl, mix 16 oz of Ricotta cheese, two eggs, dried herbs, pinch of salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon of Parmesan, and 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella until thoroughly mixed.
- Place 1/2 cup of sauce at bottom of roasting pan.
- Assemble rollups- On work surface, place 3-4 tablespoons of Ricotta filling towards the end of the noodle, add 1-2 teaspoons shredded cheese, and then roll up into a “wheel”. Place into roasting pan in rows. Repeat and complete filling the pan with rolled and filled pasta, then cover with sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese over all the pasta. Cover pan with foil and bake for approximately 25 minutes, remove foil, and bake for additional 3-5 minutes until top cheese golden.
- Buon Appetito! I hope you enjoy and thank you so much.