1 1/2 cups sugar + 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
While our recipes varied quite a bit, the result was the virtually the same in taste and completely the same in that the plate was empty in no time flat!