Taste and Create was started as a food event by Nicole from For the Love of Food. The whole purpose of Taste and Create was, and has been, and continues to be to create a community of bloggers who test each others’ recipes and share links. The participants of the event are paired together and try a new recipe from one another’s blog. My partner this month is Carol from NO REASON NEEDED for our 3rd pairing. I spent another lazy afternoon perusing her recipes again and was still intrigued by her unusual recipe titles like elephant ear cookies, zippy slow cooker chili, pizza stuffed pretzels and super easy strawberry and lime ice cream but opted for a comfort favorite of ours snickerdoodles. Carol’s recipe is here.
1 1/2 cups sugar + 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, butter and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
While our recipes varied quite a bit, the result was the virtually the same in taste and completely the same in that the plate was empty in no time flat!
Did I tell you how much I LOVE that picture you posted? It’s makin’ me hungry!
Gosh, I love Snickerdoodles, I will have to make these.
Comments are closed.