Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 stick butter
16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
¼ +¼ cup chardonnay
sea salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
1-½ cup whole milk
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup roasted red peppers, minced
1 pound Thin Spaghetti
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, 1/4 cup white wine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until liquid has totally evaporated.
- With a slotted spoon remove mushrooms from skillet. Set aside.
- Bring broth to a boil. Break spaghetti into thirds (shorter pieces). Add spaghetti pieces to boiling broth and cook.
- Drain when al dente reserving broth.
- Return large skillet to medium-low heat.
- Add 6 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle flour over butter, whisking to combine until roux turns golden.
- Add broth gradually and whisk to combine.
- Pour in milk, additional 1/4 cup wine, salt and pepper to taste, then cook and bubble until thick.
- Turn off heat, add Parmesan cheese, stirring until well blended.
- Add in the mushrooms, chicken, and roasted red peppers.
- Stir to combine and check seasonings.
- Add cooked spaghetti and toss until well blended.
- Turn into a 9 x 13 casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with salad and warm, crusty bread.