BLACKBERRY ORANGE CHICKEN
Hefty 1/2 cup blackberries
1 orange, sliced thin
1/4 + 1/4 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon safflower oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon fresh minced thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- In a small bowl mash 2 tablespoons of berries.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, garlic and paprika and mix until well blended.
- Spray baking dish with PURE.
- Place chicken pieces in baking dish.
- Pour blackberry mixture over top.
- Top with orange slices.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Save drippings.
- In a small saucepan heat 1/4 cup chicken broth adding in cornstarch and blended until smooth.
- Add in drippings.
- Bring to a boil, cooking for a minute or two until thickened.
- Serve over chicken.
- Dot with remaining blackberries, which I forgot to do before the picture and the munchkins ate them all!