GRILLED SALMON with LIME BUTTER SAUCE
6 (6-oz) pieces center-cut salmon fillet (about 1 inch thick) with skin
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lime zest
6 tablespoons lime butter sauce
- Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas).
- Season salmon all over with salt and white pepper, then grill, flesh sides down, on lightly oiled grill rack (covered only if using gas grill) 4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over and grill (cover only if using gas grill) until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes more.
- Sprinkle fillets with zest.
- Brush each with 1 tablespoon lime butter sauce.
- Serve with broccoli florets and rice pilaf.
LEMON LIME BUTTER SAUCE***
1 large garlic clove, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Purée garlic with lime juice, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth. With motor running, add melted butter and blend until emulsified, about 30 seconds.
***triple this and use it on the broccoli also – YUMMY!