2-3 pounds flank or skirt steak, sliced THIN
1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced thin
2 lemons, 1 sliced thin, 1 wedged for squeezing
1 lime, sliced thin
1 orange, sliced thin
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Soak the meat in the vinegar for an hour or so.
- Remove meat from vinegar and dry on paper towels.
- Sift together all the seasonings and rub into the meat on both sides.
- Layer the meat into a container alternating with the slices of lemon, limes, oranges and onions squeezing lemon juice on each layer as you go.
- Let marinate for overnight or a day or so.
- Grill on a VERY hot grill to desired doneness.
- Serve with warm tortillas, Fresh Guacamole and Fresh Garden Salsa.
3 large avocados
1 bunch green onions, chopped fine
1 red chile pepper or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon minced garlic, jar
Juice of 1 lime
1 small tomato, chopped fine seeds and all
1/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
- Cut avocados in half.
- Remove seed.
- Scoop out avocado from the peel.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, lime, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. Add your desired degree of hotness. Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.
- Add the tomatoes.
Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.