I started with the Whiskey glazed carrot recipe from Pioneer Woman, but wanted a new little OOMPH so I changed up the Whiskey to Malibu coconut rum.
MALIBU RUM GLAZED CARROTS
2-3 pounds carrots* peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 – 1 stick butter
1/2 cup Malibu Rum
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over high heat.
- Add carrots** sauteing several minutes.
- Remove carrots.
- Add rum to skillet for a minute.
- Add remaining butter. When melted add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add carrots back into skillet. Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until glaze is thick.
*I used bagged baby carrots
**You may have to do in 2 batches depending on your skillet size