BAKED HAM with APPLE PINEAPPLE GLAZE
7-8 pound ham
2 medium apples (I like Honey Crisp)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel, core and thinly slice 2 apples.
- Add apple slices to bottom of baking dish.
- Place ham cut side down on top of apple slices.
- Insert oven thermometer and bake 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Brush with glaze last 20-30 minutes.
8 ounces crushed pineapple
8 ounce jar pineapple preserves
1/2 cup tangerine juice
2 medium apples (I like Honey Crisp), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- In a small sauce pan whisk together the crushed pineapple, pineapple preserves and tangerine juice.
- Add apple slices (or chunks if preferred).
- Bring to a SLOW boil and then reduce to low simmer.