One of the things we miss most here is our favorite pizza. Round table Pizza has an Italian Garlic Supreme that is our ALL time favorite pizza. When I was a kid though my favorite was NUMERO UNO, a southern California local favorite. So I set out to try and recreate both of these and believe I have actually succeeded.
ITALIAN GARLIC SUPREME
1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees ONLY – If it is to hot, it will kill the yeast!
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon corn meal
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup favorite pizza sauce
1/2 pound cooked and crumbled mild Italian sausage
chopped green onions
*I am probably the only person in the western hemisphere that does NOT like olive oil. Feel free to substitute it for the avocado oil if you prefer.
- Add water, sugars and yeast to a bowl and stir well. Let sit 5 minutes until creamy.
- Add milk, butter, oil, salt and corn meal to yeast mixture and mix with wire-whisk until well blended.
- Pour into mixer bowl.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of flour and mix with paddle for 5 minutes on low.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and form dough into a ball. Pour remaining flour (1/2 cup) around the outsides. Use dough hook, and mix for 5 minutes on low.
- Remove dough from mixer and place in a well greased glass bowl large enough to allow the dough to double in size.
- Place damp towel on top of bowl, and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour, or until dough has doubled in size. (for best results, place bowl in a 180 degree oven – keep the towel damp)
- Cut dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin and roll dough to your desired thickness and shape. If your using a metal pizza pan, or a cookie sheet, lightly grease the surface and sprinkle graciously with corn meal.
- Place shaped dough on the pizza pan and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Brush with garlic and oil mixture.
- Add toppings. (save green onions and tomatoes for the last 5 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place pizzas in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the pizza looks done.
If you’re only making one pizza you can freeze the other one for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use it, thaw overnight in the refrigerator or for at least 12 hours. Bring the dough to room temperature about 30 minutes before stretching out the pizza.
LINKING TO: CELEBRATE YOUR STORY, CRAFTASTIC MONDAY, DISHING IT & DIGGING IT, NIFTY THRIFTY SUNDAY, SHOW & TELL, SUNDAYS AT HOME, SUNDAY’S BEST, THAT DIY PARTY, JCOOKING & CRAFTING WITH J&J, INPIRATION MONDAY , INSPIRE ME MONDAY , MADE BY YOU MONDAY, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY, MERRY MONDAY, MIX IT UP MONDAY, MOTIVATE ME MONDAY, PROJECT INSPIRED, SHOW AND SHARE, TUTORIALS & TIP, DIY TUESDAYS, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY, THE SCOOP, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY, TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST, CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS, SHARE YOUR CUP , WINTER BLUES WEDNESDAY, WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY, SHOW ME WEDNESDAYS, WOW US WEDNESDAY , CREATIVE CIRCLE, DAGMAR’S PARTY, HOME SWEET HOME, FAVORITE THINGS, GRACE AT HOME, HOME MATTERS, PIN JUNKIE PIN PARTY, TALK OF THE TOWN, BLOGGER’S PIT STOP, HANDMADE HANGOUT, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME, SWAY SHAREFEST, WHAT TO DO WEEKENDS PARTY, BOUQUET OF TALENT PARTY, INSPIRE-BE-INSPIRED, RAE GUN BLOCK PARTY, I’M LOVIN’ IT, THIS IS HOW WE ROLL THURSDAY, FULL PLATE THURSDAY, FOODIE FRIDAY, SOUPER SUNDAY, BETH FISH READS, SATURDAY SPARKS, AMAZE ME MONDAY, INSPIRE ME TUESDAY, SHARE YOUR STYLE, OVER THE MOON