My favorite slow cooker took a dive this past week so I ordered a new one and I love it!! My old one was great, it was a west bend with a non-stick surface and griddle base, but was a bit limiting when trying to make say a pot roast. I did a bit of research and found this one:
It’s only 3.5 quart and has latches for carrying making it perfect for pot lucks AND is the perfect size for two! It came with a little recipe book and since I woke up with a cold I did a little juggling on my menu and made this recipe. Because I felt so bad I adjusted it to what I had on hand, which included “GASP” canned soup and I hate to admit it was YUMMY!
I will make a few additions next time, and there WILL BE a next time, and I will adjust for “REAL” soup base as well as serve it over mashed potatoes instead of the noodles for our personal preference.
CROCK POT BUFFALO CHICKEN
1 can Cream of chicken soup or 1 batch real soup base
1/4 cup bleu cheese or ranch dressing (I used Ken’s Sweet Vidalia Onion)
1/4 cup Cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank’s original hot pepper sauce)
1 stalk celery, sliced
+1 small onion, chopped
+1 carrot, chopped
4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack (I used half jack, half medium cheddar)
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 batch of your favorite mashed potatoes
- Whisk together the soup, dressing and hot sauce.
- Fold in carrots, celery, onions and half the cheese.
- Spread into crock pot base and layer chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- With 2 forks, shred the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add remaining cheese and stir well.
- Serve over prepared mashed potatoes.