PINEAPPLE SESAME PORK and BROCCOLI
1 1/2-2 pounds boneless, skinless pork shoulder, cut into bite sized pieces
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 clove black garlic, minced
1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons Bragg’s amino acids
1 1/2 pound broccoli
2 shallots, thickly sliced
2 + 1 tablespoons avocado oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2 of a small pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Fresh ground salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place roasting pan in oven while it is preheating.
- Cut pork into 4 steaks about 1 inch thick.
- Seasons steaks with salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients – ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and 1 tablespoon of the amino acids in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Remove stalk from broccoli. Peel, trim and slice stalk into 1/4 inch planks.
- Divide florets into bite size pieces.
- Blanch stems and florets for about 10 seconds until bright green.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet to cool.
- Pat broccoli dry and add to medium bowl with shallots, sesame seeds and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt.
- Transfer broccoli mixture to hot roasting pan, roasting 8-10 minutes until crisp tender.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Cook pork, stirring frequently until a deep golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Pour off most the oil from the skillet.
- Add pineapple and 1 tablespoon of water, turning often until softened and starting to brown.
- Add butter and pork juices from the cutting board, tossing until sauce is glossy and emulsified.
- Stir in the remaining vinegar and amino acids.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli mixture to reserved dressing , tossing to coat.
- Add pork pieces.
- Top with pineapple mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve with rice.