This recipe was designed after one of hubby’s favorite dishes at the Cheesecake Factory, SWEET & SOUR CRISPY PINEAPPLE CHICKEN & SHRIMP.
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained well
4 chicken breasts
Rice flour for dredging
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1 brunch green onions or a small shallot, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 sweet red mini peppers, sliced thin
1/2 cup snow peas
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup Sesame Ginger Dressing
1/4 cup Bertolli Balsamic glaze
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup lukewarm water
- In a saucepan combine the orange juice, pineapple juice, and sesame ginger dressing bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add balsamic glaze and honey, cooking until slightly reduced.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Dredge chicken and shrimp pieces in rice flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat avocado oil in skillet over medium high heat until sizzling.
- Saute’ chicken pieces until cooked through. The add shrimp pieces and cook through.
- Remove chicken and shrimp pieces and keep warm.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into sauce and cook through until slightly thickened.
- Add green onions, peppers, snow peas and mushrooms to the pan you just took the chicken from sautéing until softened.
- Add pineapple and sauce to vegetables, stirring to coat.
- Add in chicken pieces, tossing to coat.
- Serve over rice.
NOTE: Use the drained juice to make yourself a cocktail.