This started out as Carol Faye’s Meatloaf from the Loveless Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee which I can no longer find on their menu, but it is in Southern Living’s Off the Eaten Path. Unfortunately, or fortunately, we ended up with an entirely different recipe and hubby absolutely loved it so it’s a keeper!HAWAIIAN MEATLOAF
1 1/4 pounds ground round
1/3 cup minced Vidalia onion
1 large clove black garlic, smashed
1 teaspoon avocado oil
1 medium egg
1/4 cup Country Bob’s special sauce
1/4 + 1/2 cup King’s Hawaiian original BBQ sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using your hands mix all the ingredients except the last 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce. Mix only until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Mold into small loaf pan .
- Bake for 45 minutes or starting to crisp on the edges.
- Pour remaining BBQ sauce over meatloaf and bake 5 minutes more.
LEMON BUTTER POTATOES
2 pounds small new potatoes
1/4 cup butter, melted
Juice of 1 lemon
1+ teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
fresh ground sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup chicken broth
- Wash and remove any blemishes from potatoes.
- Add chicken broth to sauce pan and add 2 cups water.
- Add potatoes and bring to a slow boil, cooking until potatoes are just fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Gently drain potatoes in colander.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley to mixing bowl.
- Add potatoes and gently toss to coat.