RITZY CHEDDAR CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 sleeve RITZ crackers
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- In a food processor grind crackers until fine crumbs.
- Generously pepper chicken pieces.
- Soak chicken pieces in the buttermilk.
- Dredge chicken pieces through the cheese first and then the crumbs. Pressing each layer firmly into the chicken pieces before the next layer is applied..
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay chicken pieces into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- While chicken is baking begin the sauce.
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt, cooking until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in chicken brothe and milk alternately.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Stir over a medium high heat until sauce is heated through.
- Serve over chicken.