This is another one of those recipes that is floating around on facebook, but looked so yummy we HAD to try it. O.M.G. this is phenomenal! I added a diced shallot to the mix that is sooooooo good. I did have to do an internet search to see why it was called crack chicken and LOL all I could find was a blog that alluded to it being “addicting”. Anyway you slice it, it is DELICIOUS! Hubby hates the name though so we’re calling it Cheesy Ranch Chicken Salad.
CHEESY RANCH CHICKEN SALAD aka CRACK CHICKEN SANDWICHES – makes 4 sandwiches
1 1/4-1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
8 ounce block Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes
1 Dry Ranch Dressing package mix
1 shallot, diced
1/3 pound Bacon, diced and cooked crisp
4 of your favorite rolls
4 slices Quality Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 small Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
Your favorite BBQ Sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays or King’s Hawaiian)
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towel and place them in your crock pot.
- Top evenly with cream cheese cubes.
- Sprinkle the dry ranch evenly over the top the cheese cubes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Chicken is ready when it can easily be shredded with a fork.
- When chicken is cooked, shred it.
- Add the bacon pieces.
- Stir the mixture to blend everything well.
- Spoon one portion of chicken mixture on the bottom half of each roll, top with a slice of cheese and place under the broiler JUST until cheese has melted.
- Add onion slices.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce
- Spread BBQ sauce on the top half of each bun.